News

Entertainment centers or concerts have not been opened- Health Ministry

1 Mins read


Jubilations that government has lifted ban on entertainment concerts seemingly need to pause as the Ministry of Health has refuted the reports.

Through their official social media accounts, the Health Ministry has said that entertainment centers or concerts have not been opened as it is being reported.

“As indicated by the Ministry of Health in a statement read on 9 November 2020, under entertainment, ONLY cinemas were permitted to open on 1November 14 2020 provided persons maintain a 2 meter distance in all directions and adhere to all COVID-19 preventive measures,” said the ministry in a statement.

Additionally it says that all bars, night clubs and discotheques remain closed.

Earlier on today the Uganda Media Centre in Kampala, the Uganda National Cultural Forum (UNNC), issued a statement saying that government has lifted the ban on entertainment concerts, on condition that they’ll be conducted in gazetted open spaces from 7 am-7 pm.

Sam Okello, the Chairperson Board of Trustees said that the lift will be effected this Saturday on December 19.



Source – Matooke Republic

Power your brain with Ugandan News

Add some text to explain benefits of
subscripton on your services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *