Van Data, is a Ugandan Reggae-Dance hall Singer,Songwriter and Producer. Popularly known for his songs Like “Oli muyaye”, “China” and many more. Born Ainebyona Isaiah on November 17, in Kampala Uganda, in a family of three (2girls and one boy) being the last born Van Data is the only boy in the Family. Grew up in Kampala and Mbarara Uganda, where his mother worked as a medical sister. Isaiah was Baptised “Van Data”.meaning Son of knowing by his childhood Family and Friends.
Van Data started his music career at the age of 9 in TP and ME (Talent promotion and moral Excellence) Band, it’s in this Band he learnt to play several music Instruments including piano keyboard, guitar, jazz drums to mention. Later joined Ma’Africa Band then Rays Band where he was the Main keyboardist. In 2008 he patterned with his child hood friend Moze Dash to make a dual “Dash and Data” who were behind a couple of songs until when he decided to go solo in 2013.
Apart from Music and entertainment for the last 15years Van Data has also worked with different organizations majorly in youth and reproductive health. He has worked as a peer educator, counsellor, HIV/AIDS counsellor, trainer, implemented projects activities, developed and implemented youth programs, organised and implemented community dialogues, developed IEC (Information Education Communication) materials including MDD(Music Dance and Drama).
He has worked with projects in the area of reproductive health, Gender based Violence, Men and HIV, Life planning skills, Advocacy through Entertainment to mention on timely contracts with Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU), Young Empowered and Healthy (YEAH), feed the Children Uganda, UNFPA, AIESEC Uganda, Uganda health marketing group (UHMG), Strengthening Health Education And Entrepreneurship in families (SHEEF), USAID (united states agency for international development), Reach a Hand Uganda (RAHU).
1- As young star Van Data represented Africa at the world social forum in Brazil in 2005 together with MA’ Africa Band.
2-Van Data spear headed the fight against teenage pregnancy and early marriages campaign Under Reproductive health Uganda and HEWLET foundation. its in this campaign that he teamed up with fellow artists KEKO, OS, and Toniks to compose and release the “HOLD ON” song
3. Van Data worked as one of the team leaders at YEAH (young Empowered and health)
4. Van data for several years has been cultural Icon at (RAHU} Reach a hand Uganda
5. He is currently the CEO at Expert local Africa a company that is aimed at helping unemployed youth with Life planning skills and work opportunities as the company doubles as a tourism company too
6. Van Data is the Ambassador for the Fight against pro-stet cancer under ABII Clinic Kampala where he is championing campaigns to spread information about the disease
7. under Expert Local Africa Van data runs a foundation that is feeding over 35 Families who are both affected and infected with HIV
8. Van Data has won several awards as an artist who has done a lot in Using his status as an artist to spread message about sextual reproductive health rights .