Uganda Volleyball Federation successfully elected board members during their meeting held on Tuesday.
The vetting exercise saw the appointment of seven additional heads of commissions in the bid to facilitate proper succession planning specifically in the sports organizing commission and Beach Volleyball Council.
The board has appointed Andrew Ekusai and Levian Ashaba as vice chairpersons of the two commissions. All the different heads of commissions have been tasked to submit proposed members of their commissions as well as work plans and budgets for the year 2021.
In relation to the Confederation of African Volleyball U20 Girls Qualifiers, Uganda Volleyball Federation has called off Team Uganda’s preparations.
The continental body has taken the decision to use the current team rankings to select the team that will qualify for the next stage of the championship.
This is after the volleyball Federation wrote to CAVB on February 4th requesting for more time in order to prepare adequately to host the event. CAVB subsequently declined the request citing tight timelines by FIVB.
The CAVB U20 Girls qualifiers were scheduled for 20th – 25th February at the MTN Arena, Lugogo with four nations including Tunisia, Cameroon, DR Congo and Uganda.
Constitution of Board of Administration
• Sadiq Nasiwu – President (Head of sponsorship & marketing commission)
• Ahmed Kiggundu – 1st vice-president (Head of media commission)
• Salma Kairungi – 2nd vice-president
• Joseph Odong – Treasurer (Head of finance commission)
• Godwin Nakaana Ssennyondo – General Secretary
• Eunice Nuwabigaba – Assistant General Secretary
• Tony Peter Lakony – Technical Director (Head of coaches commission)
• Innocent Komakech – North/East representative (Head of referees commission)
• Deogratius Nsereko Kayongo – Head of sports organizing commission
• Abdallah Nespo Angiro – Head of schools commission
• Dr Betijuma Luwedde – Head of medical commission
• Cornelius Engwenyu – Head of mass volleyball commission
• Robert Mofaht Masaaba – Head of Beach Volleyball Council
• Cisse Musiime – Club representative
• Levian Ashaba – Club representative
• Kenneth Wakiibi – Club representative
• Joshua Osiya – Central region representative
• Mr Elisha – Western region representative