Uganda Wild Life Authority’s (UWA) Doreen Chesang has successfully retained her Women title during the Source of the Nile Half marathon event that happened in Jinja city on Sunday morning.
The long distance runner crossed the finishing line, clocking 1:13.50 to beat Doreen Chemutai (1:14.30) and Rachel Chebet (1:14.40) who came second and third respectively.
Uganda Prisons Club’s Fred Masobo was the overall winner of the 21km race. The mountain runner clocked 01:03:14 ahead of Arua’s duo of Maxwell Rotich (01:03:42) and Andrew Kwemoi 2:03.51.
The source of the Nile half marathon is the first championship on Uganda Athletics Federation season calendar.
Source of the Nile Half Marathon Results
Top 5 Finishes
1. Musobo Fred (Prisons) 1:03.14
2. Rotich Maxwell (Arua) 1:03.42
3. Kwemoi Andrew (Arua) 2:03.51
4. Kiprotich Stephen (Prisons) 1:04.12
5. Kwemoi Victor (Police) 1:04.30
1. Chesang Doreen (UWA) 1:13.50
2: Chemutai Doreen (Prisons) 1:14.30
3. Chebet Rachel (Prisons) 1:14.40
4. Chelangat Mercyline (Police) 1:15.16
5. Chelangat Shauline (Prisons) 1:17.12