A committee set up by Makerere University to restructure the institution’s academic programmes has announced dropping 18 undergraduate courses.
In a letter issued by the Makerere University Vice Chancellor’s Office, the institution has announced the 18 dropped undergraduate programmes will not to be advertised in the next academic year of 2021/2022.
According to the letter, all College Principals are expected to submit curricula for the re-structed programmes for consideration by Senate.
Last year in August, the council approved re-structuring of 20 undergraduate programmes aiming at reducing 82 courses to 62 starting with the intake of August 2021.
The restructured programmes will include:
* Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences
* Bachelor of Archives and Records Management
* Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
* Bachelor of Community Psychology
* Bachelor of Industrial and Organizational Phycology
* Bachelor of Arts in Development Economics
* Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
* Bachelor of Environmental Science
* Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
* Bachelor of Development Studies
* Bachelor of Adult and Community Education
* Bachelor of Business Statistics
* Bachelor of Science in Population Studies
* Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics
* Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Health and Management
* Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Land Use and Management
* Bachelor of Science in Horticulture